Friday 4 September 2009

Yummy Jam

Well, here is the first of hopefully many recipes......

Plum and Cinnamon Jam

Ingredients;

2kg (4 1/2lb) plums
2kg (4 1/2lb) white granulated sugar
about a level tablespoon of ground cinnamon
3/4 pint of water

Firstly, I stoned and chopped the plums and put them into a large pan with the sugar and water. This was heated gentle over a low heat stirring until the sugar had dissolved (about 10-15 mins) . Once the sugar had dissolved completely, I then increased the heat and boiled rapidly until setting point was reached. I found this took about 30 mins, but do check at regular intervals. I used a cold plate to check for a set. Once a set had been reached, I turned off the heat and stirred in the cinnamon. I then potted into warm steralized jars and labelled once cooled. Enjoy !

1 comment:

  1. mmm...sounds great...a pity I've exhausted my plum stash for this year...but there is always next :-)...Will keep looking for some inspirational recipes!!

    ReplyDelete